The History of Tirotha- A Basic Timeline
The following is a basic timeline, I figure this is the
kind of information the average adventurer would know. This
is written primarily from a human perspective, and might be
considered somewhat biased. Students of history will have
more specific (and accurate) information.
The humans measure time in relation to the start of the Three-Races War, in which they won their indepedence. The war stared in 0 YOF (Year of Freedom). The elves of course, use a different basis for history.
- -650 YOF: The coming of the elves- The elves arrive from overseas, and begin to spread accross the land, teaching and guiding the less civilized people.
- -500 YOF: The closing of the Maelstrom-The seas are closed by a wall of ferocious storms surround the contin ent. Travel beyond site of land becomes impossible, and the elves lose contact with their homeland. Shortly afterward, the elves become more aggressive and ambitious, and seek to rule the continent
- -380 YOF: The elves have conquered the entire continent, with only a few of the goblin nations holding out. The elves formally declare themselves rulers of the humans and dwarves, a position they have held in reality for years.
- -43 YOF: The goblin nations under elven rule begin to rebel. The elves draft human and dwarven soldiers to fight them,
risking few of their own soldiers in the war
- 0 YOF: The start of the Three Races War. The humans and dwarves declare themselves free of elven rule. The humans are presented with 7 magical swords by the dwarves. These swords are given to the chieftains of the seven great tribes of men
- 2 YOF: The human and dwarven troops fighting the goblins for the elves throw off their commanders and return home. The elves release their rule over the goblin lands.
- 15 YOF: The chieftains of the 7 tribes of man, under the command of Vartran depart for Lorida, on a secret mission to kill the king and destroy the elven government. The god Gerrain slays the elven goddes Putalra. The elven king is killed by Vartran. Three of the great heros (Richtus Tirone, Byron of Tuln and Rigori of Candor) are killed in the mission.
- 16 YOF: The elves of the southwest colonies (who lost the most in the early years of the war), declare themselves independent of their northern brothers and sign a peace treaty with the humans.The humans and dwarves turn their eyes back northward.
- 19 YOF: Realizing the the northern elves have lost the will to fight, with their government a chaotic mess of quarreling nobles, the humans claim a large chunk of elven land and return home. The elves grudingly acknowledge the humans and dwarves independence, but refuse to sign a peace treaty.
- 20 YOF: Vartran crowned King of Belfiad, ruling over the seven great tribes of man.
- 20-100 YOF: Belfiad solidifies into a fuedal state with 7 duchies. The seven Imperial Orders are founded.
- 120 YOF: By royal order, the seven largest cities are given "Free City" status, existing directly under the Kings rule, free from Ducal control.
- 150-159 YOF: The Goblin wars, a long and bloody invasion of a goblin warlord. The goblins are finally pushed out.
- 225 YOF: The Second Candorian Order (officially named: The Order of the Sword of Belfiad) an all female chapter of knights, is formed to help combat an ogre invasion.
- 290-320 TOF: The Dwarven Wars. A series of skirmishes and border raids between the humans and the several dwarven nations. Few humans understood the war's cause.
- 432 YOF:Coronation of King Roland Diginer III, at the age
of 28 after the death of King Arlin I in a knife-duel with his
- 435 YOF: Founding of the Candorian College of the Arcane arts. The first state-supported school of magic.
- 437 YOF: The elves of Lorien, in an act of peace and good faith, open their Imperial Thamaturgical College in Lorida to humans, accepting mages of demonstrated talent and ability (at least lvl 4) Later that year, the 3 major lords of Loriea
finally sign a treaty, officially ending the Three Races War of 400 years previous